October 7, 2012
Dear Northminster Member:
Welcome to our 2013 Stewardship campaign! You have questions? We have answers.
- Q. What’s with the Neil Armstrong-esque campaign slogan: “One small step … One GIANT Leap (of Faith)” – What does that mean?
- A. Here’s one interpretation (feel free to explore others): If you, I and each one of us take a small step this year, then Northminster can take a GIANT Leap forward. For example:
|Your SMALL STEP
||NPC's GIANT LEAP
|An increase in your pledge
|A pledge by a new member
|An inactive member becomes active
- Q. Rumor has it that the campaign’s financial goals are 100% participation and a 10% overall increase in giving. Seriously?
- A. Yes, absolutely seriously. We can do it.
- Q. How can we do it – and please be specific?
- A. Scroll down and do the math with us.
- Q. Tell us what “Stewardship at Northminster” means?
- A. Here’s some of what you told us:
- • “Giving back to God what is God’s (sharing God’s glory)”
- • “Participation, engagement, fulfillment”
- • “Providing the means to bring Christian faith to members and those we touch”
- • “A time to think about what REALLY matters”
- • “Caring for God’s earth and all of the life on it”
- • “Matthew 11”
- Q. Can Northminster count on each one of us for Stewardship 2013?
- A. The challenge is squarely in front of us.
Stay tuned for more information from the Stewardship Committee (Bob Regan, Liz Holding, Kurt Peters, Lois Trautvetter and Brian Utley.)
Stewardship 2013 – Do the Math
Let’s look at our 2012 Stewardship numbers:
- • 180 pledging units (61%) made an average pledge of $3,472
- • 113 pledging units (39%) made no pledge at all
- • Total pledged income: approximately $625,000
Now, let’s imagine our 2013 Stewardship numbers*:
- • The 180 pledging units increase their pledge by $350 ($6.73 per week) for a net gain of $63,000
- • The 113 pledging units pledge an average of $150 ($2.88 per week) for a net gain of $16,950
- • Total increase in pledged income: $79,950
- • Total pledged income: $704,960! (a 12.8% increase over 2012)
* This illustration is only one of many ways to achieve a 10%+ increase in 2013 pledged income. The surest way is for each pledging unit to increase their giving by 10%. We ask that you prayerfully consider this alternative.
Online Pledge Form
Use this form to send your pledge information directly to the Stewardship Committee chair, Bob Regan, and Financial Secretary, Mike Jin. This information will be kept confidential. No bank account information should be sent with this form. Please submit your 2013 pledge information by November 7, 2012.